Tuesday 22 March 2016

Classical Theatre - The Dance

As part of our performance we have to do a dance that shows our teasing to the boys. We learnt a simple routine which was easy to get the hold of and was something that was rather funny. I am not the best dancer which isn't such a bad thing but I do feel confident enough to perform it. I do however I think it is important to show the story through the dance and how the girls do not want to dance at all. It could be quite a comical scene where the boys are trying their best to impress us while dancing to upbeat music. 
The music is by Benny Goodman and is totally appropriate to the period of time. The 1940's was an era of Jazz and upbeat music and the dance reflect this. It's fast and has elements of the Charleston in it.  I must say it is going to be interesting to show on stage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment